Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hips for Hire on Ning Moving to Blogger?

May 29, 2010

With just days left to make a final decision concerning the fate of my Ning blog site, HipsForHire.ning.com, I've decided to "hold" the option of moving my blog to Blogger.

Already, I have two blogsites that I don't use very much, The Wireless Yogini, and Quick Question Consult. But I've always enjoyed the ease of use with Blogger, and though I'll likely miss the profiles and community-building tools of Ning, I'm going to trust that Blogger is working to capitalize on all the underling fall-outs like myself, who like Ning, but just aren't big enough to justify premium paid services.

When my community grows beyond 300+, I would consider paying for a blogging platform like Ning, and for the most part, I've been happy using Ning since I started my company Hips for Hire in October 2009. I look forward to the day when I can return.

In the meanwhile, you might find me here, posting Hipsforhire blog posts on fitness, dance, music, health care, mental health, and other tech-related subjects that I enjoy writing about.

You may also find links to my Ustream.tv channel segments, "Video Nurse", where I take live chat questions or phone calls on a variety of subjects about health care and mental health, relationships, related concerns, airing every Monday at 5 pm, Pacific Standard Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment