Monday, June 21, 2010

Relationship Talk on Ustream.tv

Love stinks. Yeah yeah [love stinks]. Love stinks! Yeah yeah [love stinks].

Well actually, I'm no executioner of love. In fact, I am probably more in line with the belief, "All We Need Is Love" (and maybe a really good prenuptial agreement, in some cases, lol). Today I decided to let loose with an hour of talk about relationships for my one-hour segment of "Video Nurse", which aired June 21, 2010 at 4 PM PST. It was one hour earlier than usual, due to a scheduling snafu that Chris Pirillo takes full responsibility for, as he had not alerted me that I was attending a Tweetup at 5:30 pm in which he needed my n00b presence to help balance out the number of Social Media savvy and n00bs in the room.

I recorded just a couple of segments from the hour, with one shorter one up on Youtube, and this one here on my post from "Shaw" (I had his spoken permission to use his question for discussion).


http://www.ustream.tv/myvideos/1/7814582


I think you'll find some valuable questions and exercises to do (pen and paper, or iPad!) that could help you or someone you know how to move on from a relationship that you feel "stuck" on thinking about longer than what seems to be helpful.

It certainly isn't all that I would tell a person who is grieving from the end of a relationship. But it is a start. The transition from being in a relationship to being without that person can take many forms, and there is no designated timeline on how long that takes. However, this person sounded like he is struggling with the other person bringing up the relationship again after a long period of time.

My private practice at Seattle Direct Counseling encounters these kind of relationship questions (and more) on a regular basis. Video Nurse is simply an avenue where community can build and gather to talk about what interests us most about health, mental health, and relationship issues. Join us next time at our regularly scheduled time Mondays at 5 pm PST. Join in the dialogue.

I'd like to thank Chris Pirillo for use of his office, lighting, and Comcast High Speed Internet connection for this segment of Video Nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment