Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where To Get It Chopped Off

Sometimes the start of something new involves both excitement and grief. I decided back in spring to make the best of a new start by donating my hair at the end of summer to Wigs For Kids (since Locks of Love appears to be in some kind of problems concerning fraud).

In the Asian culture (particularly in the case of death or lost love), a woman cuts her hair to symbolize her grief. I wanted to put a modern spin on that act by donating my hair to a good cause, so that even with loss, someone may benefit by my sorrow.

The loss of hair is enough of a traumatizing experience. To have to pay high salon fees for that act just compounds the emotions even more. So I'm asking that if you know of a place that will follow the carefully described rules for collecting and donating the hair properly, I'd like to find that salon. The salon must be in the Seattle area (within a 15 mile radius of West Seattle), and willing to be written up for press about my experience.

If you are a salon owner, the wigs for kids site has a description that shows you exactly how they would like the hair collected and shipped for maximum hair usage. All I ask is that I be treated with compassion, and that I get a professional hair cut out of the deal for the next phase of my life. You get my blogpost and video of my experience, and a little bit of exposure for your business.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very informative piece. Thank you so much for sharing.
    human hair wigs for black women

    ReplyDelete